As a 4 year old, this was the funniest thing I’d ever seen. I think I talked about it for days.
This is still funny to me.
I am crying I love this too much
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
yes yes i like this very much!!! i have severe combination adhd and this is a really great thing!!!
im still not over how fucking hot this is
BLACK MAN SHUTS DOWN THE POLICE
YouTube is full of videos where young white men, often times armed, stand up to police and force the officers to back down. With African-Americans, however, the rules are often different and knowing your rights will get you Tasered or worse. One African-American man recorded an encounter with police where he avoided getting arrested or shοt while preserving his rights.
When cops knocked on his door looking for a fugitive, Avel Amarel was determined to record the incident and not allow officers to illegally enter his home, according to a video posted on TheFreeThoughtProject.com.
Police told Amarel that they wanted to search his home because of an incident that occurred in the parking lot, but Amarel told the officers that the person they were looking for was not inside his home and he wasn’t allowing police to enter without a warrant.
Early in the encounter, an officer attempts to get Amarel to stop recording cell phone video, using the excuse that he didn’t know what the object was. Amarel informed the officer that the object in question was a cell phone and continued recording.
Throughout the video, Amarel refuses to let up, asking officers for three forms of identification. The officers never present any ID, but ask Amarel for ID, but he refuses. Amarel asks the officers whether he’s suspected of a crime and when the officers explain again about the fugitive, Amarel tells them that only he and his family are at the home.
did they come back for him?
good thing he had that camera. black folks need to film every interaction with police via ustream so it’s uploaded instantly to the internet.
for a moment i myself feared for his life, wow. i love thisThat was beautifully handled
when you see ur squad while you out with your parents